A few months ago, I started reorganizing our house a bit. While sorting through our stuff, I hit upon quite a few unfinished sewing projects. I had a choice between (A) giving up an otherwise useful drawer to store them, or (B) finishing them so they could hang in my girls’ wardrobes. I went for the latter option.
After procrastinating finishing the projects, of course I also had to procrastinate taking pictures of them, and then blogging about them. But today is the day! Here is the first sewcrastinated project: a Nova blouse for Ava, too short already, and totally weird to blog about in November.
The fabric is Dolla Elce in Ice by Tanya Whelan for Free Spirit Fabrics. This fabric was in the very first order I ever placed with a US fabric shop, when I was a beginning seamstress eight years ago.
It was before I ever heard about customs fees, so the €35 extra I had to pay was quite a shocker 😉
This fabric was definitely my favorite in the package, and I used it for what would later turn out to be an extremely early test version of the Nova pattern for Norah. Years later, it ended up in Ava’s wardrobe (see picture here), and I liked the fabric so much, that I ordered it again (this time when I was on holiday in Tucson, so no customs fee).
I think it was Ines from La Folie who helped me find the name of the fabric. Thanks again, Ines!
And then a few months ago, I made another Nova for Ava, this time with a different pleating option.
By the time the weather is nice again, this top will be too short. But at least, I didn’t have to dedicate a drawer to it 😉